This week, Facebook rolled out a new feature that expands upon how we can connect with other users.
The “Subscribe” feature allows you to see updates from people that you’re interested in, even if you’re not friends. Once you’ve Subscribed to someone’s profile, their public updates will start appearing in your News Feed.
How You Can Allow People to Subscribe to You
By default, people will not be able to subscribe to your profile. You must actually activate that setting. Here’s how you can do that:
- Go to your profile and click Subscriptions on the left side of the page, under your profile picture.
- Click “Allow Subscribers” at the top of this tab.
- After you click “Allow Subscribers,” your settings will appear. From there, you have the ability to control who can comment on your public posts. Also, you can manage the alert notifications that will be sent when you get new subscribers.
How You Can Subscribe to Other Profiles
As long as someone has turned their Subscribe option on, you will be able to start following them. Here’s how:
- Go to the Facebook profile page of the person that you’re interested in.
- Click the Subscribe button near the top of their profile.
- Manage what types of updates you’d like to see from them in your News feed